We’re halfway through summer, and the inevitable has happened. I have nothing to do. Well, that’s not true, but I have nothing fun to do. It’s sad that I’m making this list. But here’s how you know the only thing moving slower than your summer is the collective intelligence of the Republican Party.
- You’ve gone through an artist’s complete discography in a single day.
- At least a portion of your day is spent rereading the Harry Potter books for the umpteenth time.
- You’re spending more than half an hour (or twice that…or more) playing online chess.
- YouTube no longer has enough interesting videos to watch.
- You’ve spent over an hour doing one of the above while staring at the “Add New Post” page on WordPress, wondering what to blog next.
- You’re spending more time in private browsing than you are in normal browsing.
- You can rename the last ten stories from your newsfeed on Facebook.
- You’ve actually reviewed calculus to pass time.
- You’re making this list.
- Watching reruns of sitcoms is the highlight of your day.
- Reddit has become boring.
- Online chat is approximately 75% of your daily communication.
I’m so bored. It doesn’t help that the fact that I have exactly one month left with my family and friends, and perhaps a certain life, is nowhere near lost on me. Here’s to more productive things to be done soon…? Hopefully. But I’m still really bored. So, so bored.