I really thought I wasn’t going to post on this topic, because it seems wholly unnessecary. Apparently not.
I’m talking about Donald Trump. I could write pages and pages discussing his fascinating case of utter insanity, but it wouldn’t be anything new to the world. So I’ll instead briefly discuss him alongside the rest of the GOP.
The Republicans are nothing more than a lowly collection of shockingly racist bigots. I mean, mind-numbingly racist beyond your wildest dreams. Oh, and also incredibly sexist and homophobic. This shouldn’t surprise me, because this has always been the case. But recent comments have shown me that the problem is so much more intense than I had ever imagined.
The comments made by Trump, Carson, and the rest of the GOP are incredibly horrifying. Let’s go over some of those statements:
- Mexicans are rapists and criminals
- Going to prison will make you gay
- A lady asks you tough questions in a debate? She’s probably bleeding out of her wherever
- America shouldn’t allow Syrian refugees in the country
- If they do, a religious test should be instituted to prove that they’re Christian
- Muslim refugees shouldn’t be allowed to enter the nation
- There’d be no choice but to shut down mosques
- Fruitless and excessive surveillance of mosques is great
- A Muslim becoming President isn’t in line with the Constitution
- Muslims should have to register in a national database
- Muslims need to carry around ID identifying themselves as Muslims
- Thousands of Muslims celebrated the WTC coming down during 9/11
All of this has been spoken by individuals hoping to lead the most powerful country in the world. It’s 2015, and this is what appeals to the American right wing. Continually seeing this in the news is extremely upsetting to me – I cannot fathom that there is so much hatred and racism in America. ISIS could not have prayed for a better response from these imbeciles. In light of their terrifying attacks on Paris, the world needed unity and compassion; instead, they’ve been served division and hatred by a group of individuals who make a mockery of free speech and disgrace the name of democracy.
It never ceases to amaze me that this line of thought actually appeals to a signficant part of America. It’s as though the GOP is having a competition to see who can be the most racist, and disappointgly enough, have not failed to disappoint thus far. This is a shocking racial attack which is eerily similar to the purge of the Jews in Nazi Germany. But the more the candidates endorse these archaic ideologies, the more support they get.
I literally cannot come up with the words to express how frightening, sad and disappointing these words are – to a non-Muslim who doesn’t live in America. This is what America believes? I always knew Trump and most of the GOP were complete idiots, but it looks like half of America is as well.